Biology teachers and those interested in ecology and wildlife will definitely want to check out Falcon Cam at Bowling Green State University.
A pair of Peregrine Falcons, the mascot of Bowling Green State University have chosen to nest once again, the seventh year in a row, at the Wood County Courthouse. The county and the university have teamed up to provide Falcon Cam, a way for students, educators, and interested nature fans to have access to the amazing nesting process.
Educators will especially love the Peregrine Falcon facts on the webpage. Did you know that they have a wingspan of 40 inches and that females are more powerful than males?
Learn about these fascinating birds on Falcon Cam at Bowling Green State University. This is an excellent resource, worthy of a few minutes of your time.
Click here for Bowling Green’s Falcon Cam.
Questions for Discussion (answers on the Falcon Cam website)
- How long is an adult’s wingspan?
- What is the adult falcon’s diving speed?
- Describe the adult falcon’s appearance.
- Describe the nesting behavior of the falcon.
- How many eggs are usually in a nest?
- Who incubates the eggs?
- What is a young falcon called?
- Describe the process for falcon’s learning to fly.